Tuesday, March 24, 2009

PRAYING FOR STELLAN

As many of you know, Stellen and his family need our prayers right now. This obviously hit me hard considering I am a heart mom myself and all we are currently going through with Bentley (my daughter). You can read Stellan's updates at MckMama's blog. I have talked a little with Jennifer (MckMama) today, and with her permission I have made Stellan a prayer button. I am not sure if she will be posting it on her blog for you to grab, but she has given me permission to go ahead and post it on mine for now if you would like it, please take it and share with others if they would like it.

Prayers Please

Please do not forget about the give-a-way I am having here. Considering what Stellan is going through at the moment it just shows how common heart conditions are in children. The point of the give-a-way is to spread the word.. CHD awareness. You can read Bentley's (my daughter) heart story here. So please if you have a minute take a look at the give-a-way and enter, you have until this Friday to enter. You can click here to go to the give-a-way or you can scroll down to the next post and read the details on how to enter, it's simple! And please continue to keep Stellan and Bentley in your prayers. Bentley's prayer button can be found on the upper right side of my blog.

13 comments:

  1. I'll be posting his prayer button.

    I'm having issues with my blog, but as soon as I figure it out, I'll post your link.

    I'm so happy you're doing this, a lot of people seriously don't know much about all these beautiful heart babies. One can never be too educated, I surely have learned so much. Thank you again for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you did this for Jennifer. That's awesome! I'll be posting it on my blog ASAP! OH, and about my hat blog, it's not quite done yet...still working on it. Thanks for asking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. avbernat - Thank you! I know before Bentley I never knew any of these things. The sad part is I worked a few years in adult cardiology office. So for me to work in the heart setting I still never knew there were these things happenning to children. It breaks my heart. I just wish it could be more known like other children medical conditions. My son brings home information colleting money for so many different medical needs, organizations, etc. but he has never brought home anything about CHD. If CHD could get the attention other organizations get, they could raise more money and have better treatments.

    Veronica - I knew Stellan needed his own little prayer button.. and I know Jennifer is so overwhelmed, worried, and more.. blogging is the last thing on her mind. So I just wanted to help her out. I posted the button on my page earlier and people were emailing asking where I got the code.. so after she gave me the okay I knew I had to post it.

    Ahh, I'm happy for you. Let me know when it's up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already have it on my blog and I'm adding Bentleys button now also :) Praying for both Stellan and your precious Bentley today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i added this to my blog, i follow her blog as well. She is one amazing person!! I know what you mean about organzations and raising money. I am trying very hard to get the word about March of Dimes out and its tough. We will get through this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for making this! I posted the button earlier from McK mama's page.. THANKS CRYSTAL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do I add the button to facebook? I posted it but no button appeared, only words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crystal, I have also been following her blog; Thank you for making this button, I put this on my page 1st thing this morning!!! God is amazing and all things are possible through him! I have Faith, and pray every night for Bentley and others with CHD or other things going on in there lives!

    You are amazing sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are praying for Stellan. Every time a see a baby with CHD and heart complications I just find myself in tears! It takes me right back to the CICU... the pumps... the absolutely silence and darkness... the stress... never knowing what day it was or when you would get to go home. I can close my eyes and be right back there and it makes me all the more thankful that two open hearts later ... Ky's repaired heart is the best thing we have going for us!

    Thank you for the give away to raise awareness!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great button! will be praying for you and your daughter.

    Thank you for praying for my daughter, Abby.

    michelle
    riggsfamilyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crystal...thanks for the comment about my new "look." I love it! I'm so glad I went with the three column one because I have a ton of things I'm always adding! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been praying for lil stellan and lil bentley... God is great when it comes to hearing and answering prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I was hoping you could tell me the name of the font that you used for the button. I have searched the internet, but have had no luck. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails