Saturday, February 7, 2009

CHD AWARENESS WEEK

chd awareness Pictures, Images and Photos


It's in my life now and forever..


Join me today and lets spread the word about Congenital Heart Defects.. CHD Awareness Week is February 7-14. Congenital heart defects are problems with the heart’s structure that are present at birth. So these are precious babies born with heart defects/abnormalities. It is a very serious and life threatening issue. Many people do not know what CHD is.. or the extent of it. CHD is considered to be the most common birth defect, and is a leading cause of birth-defect related deaths worldwide. So why don't we know about it? Why don't we hear more? We need to spread the word and make CHD known so we can start funding more research and testing to learn more about the causes, prevention, and treatment.


I have two videos below that I would love for you to see, please take a minute to watch them. For starters the first video has an amazing song, absolutely amazing for any person that has a child. This video will show you a few facts and stories. It is a short video so it will not take long. I know these pictures are hard to look at, extremely hard, but these parents see their own children go through this everyday. Since I have known of Bentley's heart it took me at least 4 months before I could look at photos like these. I am so scared to see her like this my heart just aches more and more everyday. I just keep telling myself she needs her mommy to be strong for her... So I really have to hold it together. But this is a great short educational video.

The second video, oh you HAVE to check it out. It is a fun uplifting video made at a children's hospital. You will see before and after photos and (I cried the whole time)there was something at the end that made be burst into tears even more. In a good way, it lifted me up and gave me more hope! I'm not going to tell you what it is today, I will tomorrow. If you have followed Bentley's story you will probably catch it. But you have to check it out.





I cannot thank you enough for taking time out of your busy day to read and watch this information. There is so much more to know about CHD and I hope to share more with you throughout the week.
Blessings,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails