Monday, February 22, 2010

NOT MY CHILD MONDAY



This week I am switching it up and participating in MckMama's "Not My Child Monday" instead of "Not Me Monday".

Last week Brenna had a few accidents, that I could not help but to smile about.

Here are a couple of stories... because it is clearly Not My Child.

Ryan and I were chatting in the living room when Brenna walked in proudly and said...

"Mom, look at this, isn't it pretty!!"

I said, "Brenna, that is beautiful but I don't know if you should have painted it..."


You might not be able to tell, but it was home decor purchased from Hobby Lobby. It really wasn't a big deal, so Ryan and I couldn't help but to smile and laugh about it. (I just hope it this doesn't become a regular thing. HA!!)

She said, "Ummmm..... it was an accident. I didn't mean too!"

We totally understood. It was a complete accident, she did not mean to paint it. She also did not mean to paint her tball trophy. oops!! Not my child!!!

Another day, another accident... I was helping Brenna clean her room when I was organizing her giant Barbie doll house. Then, I noticed the bathtub in the doll house was full of water. So I said... "Brenna, honey... why is there water in this?"


Brenna said, "I don't know mom, I didn't do it."

So I said, "who did it?"

Then Brenna said, "okay okay... I did it, but it was an accident. I didn't put that pink stuff in it though"

So I asked, "who did that?"

Brenna then ended the conversation with, "I don't know".

You can't see the pink stuff clearly in the picture, but the little things in the bottom of the tub are pink and appear to be candy "nerds". Again, my child would not do these things, but if she did... I couldn't help but to smile at these little moments. I sure do love this girl!!!

Be sure to head over to MckMama's blog to read what others are not doing!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails