Tuesday, May 4, 2010

WASHING SHOES

This is what Brenna's brand new shoes looked like before she left them outside to be rained on. As we were getting ready for school this morning, I asked her to get her shoes and she couldn't find them... which is normal- then, Bryson nicely said "oh, I think she forgot them outside" WHAAAAT?? It rained last night and they are brand new, she has only wore them twice. I cannot stand dealing with that mildew smell that follows shortly after things like this. Having 3 kids you would think I knew ever trick in the book, but not even close. I have never successfully removed the icky mildew smell from shoes once left outside. We use to have this problem a lot with Bryson's soccer shoes because they would have such early games the ground would be so wet and ruin the shoes before the season was even over.

What are your laundry tips for shoes? I want to wash them and SAVE them. I want them to be clean again (I don't want them to fall apart in the washing machine), I want them to smell new again. UGGHHH!!!! They do not stink yet, but I know it will come soon enough. I would love to hear how you care for your shoes.

Thanks FRIENDS!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails